- ho-down-western 50th birthday party for our good friend, and pastor Jon Sterns
- late night discussions with friends over wine and laughter
- Slept in till 10:30. YAY!
- Hopped on our bikes and decided to ride to the farmer's market to check out the fruit and veggies.
- Realized the farmer's market is very picked over and not really worth it by noon.
- Met up with Cheryl and Jeremy to head over to the Pfunky Griddle (no, pfunky is NOT misspelled. in this case my horrible spelling is not the reason for this title atrocity.) Had a great time flipping a few pancakes, tasting each others concoctions and being encouraged by this amazing couple. I'm so glad God has brought them into our lives.
- Found a cute strawberry mug, a new purse I can use on my bike rides to work, and the book "Chasing the Dragon" by Jackie Pullinger at goodwill.
- Had a spontaneous double date with Mike and Meg (the besties - who "get" us and are always a blessing to be around) at Macaroni Grill/Barnes and Nobel.
- biked to church
- went to see the Organic Farm where JP works. Saw some peck hens. watched him water some plants. got a free butternut squash. felt even more of a need to own some land.
- Ate at a BBQ restaurant that I never noticed before, but have probably driven past about 50 times. Ordered the biggest salad i've ever seen. decided I will go back to said BBQ restaurant sometime soon to get a week's worth of veggies in one sitting.
- hammered a nap. 2 hours. yes.
- Flew on a puddle jumper to Des Moines, IA and then drove an hour to our (negativity alert) crap super 8 hotel, where we were given our mildew covered rooms. Apparently a few weeks ago the hotel flooded and the decided it was still a good idea to rent out the rooms. Luckily, there was a room on the 3rd floor that was significantly less gross.
- ate at coldstone creamery. yes.
- Woke up at 5:30 am.
- got rained on at 9 am and had to deal with wet tennis shoes all day. blech.
- Drove around in a golf cart all day
- handed out a bunch of magnets, pens, fans, etc.
- was actually excited to get back to the crappy super 8.
- ate at a pizza buffet.
- was reminded why i don't eat at pizza buffets.
- And now this.
here's to another two days in the boonies. literally.