1.16.2009

New People

Warning, this post is not intellectual, deep or all that meaningful. It's more or less an update on my life since it has been a while since I posted....

So 2009 so far has been great. It's been quite busy as well. After celebrating Christmas with the Michael side of the family I took Monday off, and watched movies/took down the Christmas tree. This was a pretty funny experience. First of all because I watched Matrix 1 and 2 by myself in a bathrobe all day and also once all the bulbs were off the tree I realized I wasn't sure where the actual tree was supposed to go. Josh and I decided to just try and jam it in our condo dumpster. Turns out that was fine, but technically, you are supposed to leave it on the curb for recycling . For about a day and a 1/2 our dumpster was growing a tree out the top very conspicuously.

Returning to work was stressful. I have been non-stop working. TONS of big projects that are overwhelming. But, it makes the days go by quickly. Also, I started singing with Forest Hills Baptist church in their Broadway review show. I am going to be singing 2 duets which are both really great songs. One is called "For Good" from the show Wicked and the other is called "Stud and a Babe" From the show I Love You. You're Perfect. Now Change. That has been taking up my weekends. It's kinda weird. My life is all busy and when I am in rehearsal I feel like I am back in college. Also, Sometimes I feel like I am not using my talents to praise God when I do shows like this, but really, I am. As long as I give Him all the glory and praise, then it becomes worship. The ultimate form of worship is a life fully devoted to giving the honor, glory and praise to the Lord.

The BIG news of the new year is that my little niece was born this week. 1/13/09 at 8:10 a.m. She was 7 lbs 11 oz and 20.5 inches long. Her name is Ayla Joy Michael (pronounced "eh" like the canadians say). She is the most perfect newborn you will ever see. I love her to pieces. I feel so lucky because she is living with us right now. I get to have a glimpse at what it is like to become a new parent and what the first moments of Ayla's life are like. It's so fun to think that everything she is experiencing is for the very first time. The first thing Josh did when he met her is shake her hand and give her a foot massage. I am sure he will forever tell her that he was the first one to do both of those things with her. I often times find myself sitting at work just thinking about her and wanting to hold her. I never realized how much I could love a little baby burrito! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment