5.12.2010

I Love My Dog

That's right...I said it...I love my Dog, Willow Cotton Michael. Now I know it's not real love, because she is just an animal with no soul and isn't made in the image of God who is complete love. I know that she can't love me back and only looks at me with those big brown eyes and wagging tail/nub because i'm the part of her pack who feeds her, walks her, throws her mangled charlie brown toy for her etc, but, she really does make me happy. Here are the reasons why I love/get happiness from Willow.
  • She is super duper cute. Her fluffy brown velvet soft fur make her irresistible to pet and she has an uncanny resemblance to a stuffed bunny rabbit.
  • She can just look in your general direction and make you smile.
  • She likes to snuggle and sit in your lap when lounging.
  • She gets really excited when walk in the door (even if i've been gone for less than a minute taking the trash out) and does a crazy two legged dance flipping around and jumping until i pay attention to her.
  • She is ninja like in her abilities of grabbing food. i've seen her catch falling food before it hits the ground. My dad likes to call her a land shark
  • She follows me around and adores me all the time (even when I give her a really horrible hair cut)
  • She doesn't bark (too much)
  • She is really smart and makes me look like a good dog owner when she performs her cute little sit/lay down/roll over/stay tricks.
  • She flips out if you say the word "treat" or "walk"
  • She forgives me if i forget to feed her in my early morning groggy/super busy state before work (don't judge)
  • She LOVES playing fetch and tug of war
  • And on...and on...
I'm sure there are some interesting parallels between dog/master and human/God relationships....but maybe the deep philosophical analysis of this post can come later... maybe... :)

2 comments:

  1. In Genesis 1:1-2:4, God first creates the heavens and the earth, then the plants, fishes, birds and all the other animals - and God repeatedly declares that this creation is good.

    God himself watches over even the birds of the air. (Matt. 6:26)

    Jesus comes back on a white horse, and the lion is laying down with the lamb in the restored earth so there will be animals - most especially Dolly, Tucker, Willow, Kiki, Mo, Mike and Rosie. :o)

    I say we certainly should love our animals.

    For goodness sake in Numbers 22:28-33 the LORD opened the mouth of the donkey and let him chide Balaam.

    Miss you, my song bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! cute!! haha I didn't know she had a middle name

    ReplyDelete