1.01.2014

Auld Lang Syne, My Dear.

2013 was a year of some of the highest highs and lowest lows of my life thus far. The heart exploding joy of welcoming my son into the world in January and the dark night of the soul questioning everything after the attack of my littlest sister in July. The precious snuggles and coos of a newborn and the mind numbing exhaustion functioning on 4 hours of sleep each night for weeks. The isolation of new motherhood and the community of new motherhood. Financial crisis and scraping by followed by massive breakthrough, favor and open doors for Josh's work. It's overwhelming to think of all that we have experienced in the last 365 days of life. 

I completed nearly all of my simple goals for 2013. The three that didn't make the cut - walk more, read more, write more. But that doesn't matter! 2013 is over and done. I'm excited for 2014. A fresh start. A clean slate. A new beginning. 

Here are my plans for the untouched days ahead.

  • Health - more veggies, less sweets, more movement, less tv, more meals at home, less pizza. More water, less coffee…ok, not less coffee, but more water.
  • Create -  release what I have to offer the world in photography, music, & writing
  • Connect - be present, supportive, engaged and loving in all my relationships.


Auld Lang Syne, my dear. Auld Lang Syne.


1 comment:

  1. I am so bad at blogs lately.
    I can barely write on my own these days, it seems.

    But I just wanted to leave you a note to tell you: You and your family have been on my heart. You've been in my thoughts and my prayers. And I hope 2014 is a year of only highest highs for you. :)

    ReplyDelete