July was a whirlwind. I found myself traveling less, doing less, and sort of feeling like I wasted an entire wild and sweet month of pregnancy and alone time prior to baby accomplishing menial tasks. I'm still thankful for a lot but this feeling of a thrown away month makes me a bit sad. I've always have an urgency in my spirit to not waste the time that I am given here. The time of much needed self-reflection/relaxing prior to bring another soul into the wide world, but also, just my time on planet earth.
In fact, I have an entire pinterest board dedicated to inspiring words that will give me hope and push me towards a life lived to the full. A well balanced and beautiful Carpe Diem life...if you will. Apparently these beautifully designed words were a momentary muse (at best) and forgotten for the most part in the month of July.
See my problem is not inspiration, for thousands of people are inspired millions of times a day and I'm one of them. Blogging, pinterest, stumble upon, and other creative sites across the internet have made sure there is no lack of the lovely, delicious, clutter-free, skinny, or cute to gaze upon. We browse and feel our spirits lift in a moment of - I could do that, have that, be that, wear that, make that. *Repin*
My problem is action. God gave me a desire to create. He even built in me a higher than average goal oriented personality that is driven and confident and strong enough to be creative (for it isn't a journey for the faint of heart.) Yet, somehow, I let entire months slip by as a blip on the screen of my one precious life.
I'm determined for August to be more. Here are a few goals of mine to try and uphold through out the coming month.
- Spend time with God and get my nose in the scriptures
- Cook at least 3 dinners at home a week
- Take time to bond with bébé every day
- Move for 30 mins every day (pool, walk, elliptical, Yoga, bike)
- Soak in one-on-one friend time at least 2 times a week
- Create something every day. (paint, worship, write, take photos)
- Figure out what it means to be joyful. Be it.
- Put the iPhone away. Turn off the TV. Power down the computer. Be present.
Do you have high aspirations for August? I'd love to hear them.