Most of the time it isn't for lack of trying on my part. Most of the time I try as hard as I can but it doesn't seem to be enough. There are several moments in my life that I can remember not getting something I wanted SOOO bad and being disappointed. The first one I can remember is was the church Christmas musical. The year before I was the lead angel and LOVED it. I can still remember the solo that I sang. The next year when the parts were posted and I didn't receive a single solo line in the whole show my little 8 year old heart was shattered. I cried and cried. I think I was eventually tossed a bone and ended up playing the part of the christmas box. It was an embarassing costume but I loved performing.
After that some other notable let downs include:
- 7th grade - not making the volleyball team
- 8th grade - not making the basketball team
- 8th grade - not making the cheer leading squad
- 11th grade - not getting a singing role in the school musical
- 12th grade - not getting Cinderella in the school musical
- 12th grade - not getting to sing the homecoming song at the pep-rally
- Freshman Year College - not getting into Opera Workshop
- Freshman Year College - realizing that my solo didn't make it onto the candles and carols DVD
- Junior Year College - Not getting a part in the musical
- Sr. Year College - being offered a job and then having the job taken away because of timing issues
- Right now - Being offered a promotion and then finding out that it was given to someone else.