12.18.2008

Royalty

I love this quote from a book I am reading and I just thought I would share it with you all in the cyber world. The book is called Dreaming with God by Bill Johnson and he talks about how we must serve with the heart of a king but rule with the heart of a servant in what ever situation what we are in.

Bill goes on to say..."Royalty is my identity. Servanthood is my assignment. Intimacy with God is my life source. So before God, I'm an intimate. Before people, I'm a servant. Before the powers of hell, I'm a ruler, with no tolerance for thier influence. Wisdom knows which role to fulfill at the proper time."

In the rest of the chapter Bill Johnson talks about "invading Babylon" or invading the parts of our culture and society to take them over for the kingdom and shape the course of history. He talks about the seven "mountains" or pillars of influence. Business, Education, Church, Family, Arts/Entertainment, Science and Medicine, and Government.

I feel I have a calling to the Entertainment pillar. Another interesting quote in the "Entertainment" section of the chapter is ..."Heaven has what we want. Every creative dream is fulfilled in Heaven. The great news is that we have access to that realm through prayers of faith...When a musician taps into that reality and communicates that sound here, Heaven will have found agreement and will invade."

I want heaven to invade in my everyday life and in my creativity. Lord please find agreement with the creative songs you have placed in my heart. I want to bring glory to Your name.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this entry. I love the idea that we have access to the creative in the realm of heaven through prayers and faith.

    Speaking of which, I was reading the account today where Jesus tells the disciples that ""This kind can come out only by prayer." (Mark 9:29) But did you notice that Jesus doesn't stop and pray over the boy. He must have meant having a constant prayer life (like He did!). In the Matthew account (chapter 17) Jesus tells them they didn't have enough faith... So I was thinking about the connection between faith and prayer and a constant conversation with the Father and how it must effect our effectiveness.

    Which leads me to thinking about the source of creativity.

    Good blog.

    When do you think anyone (of the Ewing girls) will blog again on http://meltintospring.blogspot.com ?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete