I'm going to lose weight.
Somehow over the past 2 years i've managed to slowly add on 5 lbs here another 5 lbs there till now i'm 20 pounds heavier, not much seems to fit any more, and all weight loss motivation and self-control seems to have fallen by the wayside. It's gotten a little ridiculous, actually. I don't have the "i had a baby" excuse. nor do i have the "i don't have money to join a gym" excuse (because, well I haven't had a baby and i'm a member to a gym that i've only been to 2 times in the last month...sigh). I've pretty much just let myself go and not tried to live a healthy lifestyle, and I have no one and nothing to blame but myself. Turns out you actually have to TRY and put for some effort and sweat in order to stay healthy.
This time I'm going to avoid all my usual habits of wallowing in self pity, regret, insecurity, standing-in-front-of-a-mirror-making-the-most-horrifying-double-chin-and-then-crying-myself-to-sleep, blah, blah, blah. Because I don't want to let this extra weight bring me down. It doesn't define me. I'm the same person I was before and honestly, I still feel confident in how I look. And I still know that real beauty is on the inside and I'm a loved person (by God, my Husband, family, friends) and that's what matters. But, I know this non-active lifestyle and not what is good for me in the long run, and I really prefer the way my jeans fit back in the good ole days.
So here if my official "Jumping Back in the Saddle" announcement.
- I'm going to pick up running again. I've signed myself up for a 5K in Oct. (I know that Oct. is a long ways away, and a 5K isn't that long to run, but hey - it's my start. Maybe someday I will work my way back up to a 1/2 marathon. No promises though, Doug.)
- I'm going to drink more water.
- I'm going to drink less soda...and coffee...and wine...
- I'm going to eat more veggies (yesterday might have been my worst food day ever, not in a super-unheathly-lots-of-fat-and-sugar kinda way, but in an all-i-ate-all-day-were-carbs-...-literally kinda way)
- I WILL cook healthy fresh fish for dinner at least once a week.
- I will eat smaller portions and realize when i'm actually hungry and not just bored
- I will eat good food still, just in smaller portions/better for you ways
- I will do yoga 2 times a week.
- I will walk willow more.
- I will realize that I have to sweat and do things I don't want to do (like wake up at 5:30 am to put my body in physical pain at the gym) in order to succeed.
- I will allow God to be a part of this process.
So...that's that. Feel free to ask how things are going from time to time. I'm not going to turn this into a "road-to-fitness" blog or anything, but any encouragement, healthy recipes, fun exercise ideas and more are much appreciated.
p.s. confession - i haven't actually signed up for the 5K, but I plan to this weekend.